An opportunity is now available to work at Tile Warehouse, a leading tile retailer in New Zealand. Tile Warehouse has been in the market for 30 years and is a kiwi-owned importer and multisite retail business.
With the departure of a long standing employee, we now have a position open as Assistant Accountant in our Head Office team, a key person involved in providing financial services within the organization.
The position will be reporting to the Financial Controller and based at our Penrose Head Office location. This will be a full time role 8:30 to 5:00 Monday to Friday.
- To be successful in this role you would have strong systems and financial experience to draw off
- Must have minimum 3+ years financial experience up to financial reporting level with an eye for detail.
- Accounting qualifications
- Work well in a team environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills especially important with a distributed network
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve and understand different systems
- Works to deadlines
- Preparing standard monthly journals
- Preparing other journals or accruals to provide a fair view in the monthly results
- To ensure the accuracy and timely provision of Profit and Loss statements for internal management
- Review all general ledger accounts to ensure they are accurately reconciled
- Reviewing the accuracy of product supplier invoices and ensuring all information and costs have been recognized at time of receipt
- Managing the accuracy and timing of overseas payments
- Assisting with local supplier product invoicing
- Assisting the team when needed
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.