The kitchen has become the most multifunctional and used room of any house. From doubling up as open-plan living rooms to makeshift home offices, our kitchens are evolving.
Investing in any element of the kitchen can prove invaluable, for both while you live in your home but also when it comes to adding value for resale. Be inspired to make the right style choices for your home, with a look at the latest trends in kitchen splashback design.
1. Colourful Kitchens with statement splashbacks are a huge trend this year as we spend more time indoors looking for colour to enhance our mood. With Covid lockdowns and working from home, it seems like we’ve been staring at the same four walls for some time now. The current trend is to take a risk with interiors, to create a new and different-feeling environment. Homeowners are looking to experiment and introduce new bolder shades and textures that bring their kitchen to life. Scroll through the photo's above for inspo' and ideas and CLICK HERE to visit our website for our range of colourful and decorative tile.
2. A Minimalist approach is also an option adding accent colours from artefacts and appliances for that pop of colour which is easily changed out. White, Beige, Black and Greys create a calming space and such a contemporary look is easy to achieve, with practicality being key. Download HERE our IKON Tapware brochure to view a selection of our 'statement' taps which add a gorgeous touch of brass, nickel, copper, gold or even matt black against white surfaces. CLICK HERE for minimalist colour options (NB: when viewing our ranges, note that most floor tiles can also be used on walls, depending on thickness).
Did you know? Tiles from mosaics to large format porcelain, are easy to clean and because they are a fully glazed material, are also heat resistant so perfect for kitchen spaces!
3. Forget worrying about grout ever again — introducing extra-large porcelain panels! These large panels are actually extra-large tiles that come in various lengths (some are over 3m long!). Available in a wide range of colour options and patterns, including concrete look, natural marble and sliced stone, they are more affordable than comparable products such as Caesarstone and have loads of other benefits. You can also use our porcelain slabs (large panels) for floors, kitchen worktops and even cupboard veneers!
To view our Large Format ranges, CLICK HERE >>>
4. With earthy materials and organic finishes being one of the top trends of 2021, it’s easy to see why stunning hand chiselled-look Moroccan tiles, and textured options make the list. Available in a wide range of muted tones, including white, sage, rust, blues, wheat, and black each tile is unique with irregular pits and cracks.
To view our Decorative ranges, CLICK HERE >>>
5. Herringbone - This classic pattern gets its name due to the angular design that resembles the shape and bone structure of herring fish and can create a striking accent in your kitchen that offers a modern touch and easy cleanup.
Achieve the look by purchasing herringbone mosaic 'sheets', usually in 300x300mm format or by using a metro/subway tile you love to create a stylish herringbone pattern across your kitchen splashback. The type and size of tiles you choose will depend on the amount of wall space you have if you’re applying it to the walls.
To view our Herringbone mosaic ranges, CLICK HERE >>>
To view our Subway Wall options, CLICK HERE >>>
Start your design journey with us - from the floor up!
Tile Warehouse - Making Design & Selection Easy
30 stores Nationwide, find one near you HERE!