When it comes to selecting the perfect materials for your bathroom, porcelain tiles have always been a popular choice among homeowners. Renowned for their durability, versatility, and aesthetic appeal, tiles have become a staple in modern interior design.
If you're considering a bathroom renovation or simply upgrading your space, here's everything you need to know about porcelain bathroom tiles.
- Durability and Longevity: Porcelain tiles are celebrated for their exceptional durability. Made from a mix of fine clay and other natural materials, these tiles are fired at high temperatures, resulting in a dense and hard-wearing surface. This characteristic makes porcelain tiles highly resistant to wear and tear, scratches, and stains, making them an ideal choice for high-traffic areas like bathrooms.
TIP: With regards to the consenting process, it's important also to consider NZ Building Code requirements as adherence to these makes for a hassle-free consent process. Thankifully tiles are an automatically accepted solution for all wet areas, including kitchens and laundries.
- Water Resistance: Bathrooms are exposed to moisture and humidity regularly, making water resistance a critical factor in tile selection. Porcelain tiles have low water absorption rates, meaning they don't easily absorb water, preventing damage caused by moisture. This quality makes them perfect for bathroom floors and walls, where splashes and spills are common if not total saturation as in the case of showers.
- Variety of Designs: Gone are the days when porcelain tiles were limited to plain and simple colour and shape. Today, you'll find a variety of patterns, textures, colours, and finishes to to suit any taste. Whether you prefer a sleek and modern look, a rustic feel, marble-look opulence or the increasingly popular wood-look tiles that mimic natural wood, there's a porcelain tile design to match your aesthetic preferences and budget allowance.
- Maintenance and Cleaning: Porcelain tiles are incredibly easy to clean and maintain. Regular sweeping and occasional mopping are typically all that's required to keep them looking pristine. Additionally, their non-porous surface means that stains are less likely to penetrate, making cleanup a breeze.
- Versatility: Porcelain tiles can be used on both floors and walls, allowing you to create a cohesive and stylish bathroom design. You can also use them for shower enclosures, backsplashes, and countertops. Their adaptability makes them a versatile option for a wide range of design concepts.
- Cost Consideration: Porcelain tiles tend to fall within the mid-range to higher price category when compared to other flooring materials. While they might be pricier upfront, their longevity, durability, and low maintenance needs actually make them a cost-effective choice in the long run. Click here to view quick facts and published information on long-term cost effectiveness.
- Underfloor Heating Compatibility: If you're considering adding underfloor heating to your bathroom, porcelain tiles are an excellent choice as again they are immediately acceptabe under NZ Building codes. Tiles are known for retaining heat well and distributing it evenly across the surface, making your bathroom experience even more comfortable and luxurious.
Porcelain bathroom tiles offer a winning combination of durability, aesthetic appeal, and ease of maintenance, making them an excellent choice for homeowners seeking a long-lasting and stylish bathroom solution. With a wide range of designs available, these tiles can elevate your bathroom's aesthetic while providing the practicality needed for a high-traffic area. Just remember to choose a professional installer to ensure a flawless installation that maximizes the benefits of these exceptional tiles.
NB: Image features our ALLURE range.
Tile Warehouse - Start your Design Journey with us!