For most New Zealanders, choosing sustainable products for our home and making conscious decisions with regards to our environment is becoming more and more important. Which is why it makes sense to receive the right advice and choose the perfect materials!
Having a ﬂooring material that is functional, durable and ﬁts our lifestyle is crucial. But so is doing our bit for the environment. Because tiles don’t scratch, fade or stain whilst also having one of the lowest environmental impact results, they are the perfect covering choice if making good environmental choices is important to you.
Porcelain tiles are highly suitable for all areas of the home because they are:
- Sustainable: Tile is not only sustainable because it is made from natural materials, but it does not require the use of caustic cleaners to maintain.
- Tiles have some of lowest VOC’s of all flooring products which makes them the obvious choice for lowering environmental impact.
- Energy Use: Due to the thermal mass of tile, heat is absorbed and retained reducing the time required for heating.
- Stain-Resistant: Modern vitriﬁed Porcelain tiles are not affected by spills or moisture. They are virtually non-absorbent (at less than 0.5% water absorption rate).
- Super-Hygienic (Inhospitable To Dust Mites And Bacteria)
- Easy To Clean And Maintain: Latest technological developments in easy-clean grouts mean tiles are one of the most easy-care flooring solutions available
- Scratch-Resistant: perfect for children and pets.
- Fade-Resistant (UV-Resistant)
- Fire-Resistant: The most compatible flooring with underfloor heating which heats a home evenly and cost-effectively. Unlike timber floor heating which is expensive and is more complicated to heat.
- Cost Effective over Time: Whether you are renovating or building, it is critical to think about how long materials will last and the cost of maintenance for your ﬂooring, as well as initial raw material and installation costs. Certain ﬂoor coverings may have lower initial costs but the maintenance involved costs more over time until full replacement is needed.
- Longevity: An interesting study conducted by the Tile Council of America shows that tiles are not only one of the most durable materials for flooring but, unlike many soft-flooring surfaces, retain their appearance for a far longer period of time.
So, when considering interior finishes for your project, think natural products such as ceramic and porcelain tile and sleep easy knowing you’ve made the right choice.
For the latest designs and expert advice, come and see us in one of our 26 friendly locations across both the North and South Islands.
Tile Warehouse, where Design and Selection is made easy!